Saturday, August 1, 2015

In memoriam: We lost Lucy today...

Lucy passed over the Rainbow Bridge August 1, 2015
We lost Lucy today.

We will miss her so much. We don't know what she and her sister Ethel went through before we adopted them from GHRS to be bonded with Bunya. In any case, she did not like to be picked up; if we even thought about it, her 6th sense told her and she'd give us the stink eye. If we actually moved towards her, she was gone like a bullet.

Lucy was a fearless and skillful explorer, like when she managed to find her way onto the kitchen table. "Bunny-proof" was a personal challenge to her.

But she was mellowing and I will miss the nose bonks on my ankles telling me to get out of her way or to get her a treat.

I can't believe she's gone.

[Update: Read more about what happened and how Bunya and Ethel are doing after at Lucy.]

8 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that. She will be missed. Binky free, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no. Our condolences to the bunnies and humans at your house. And sweet light for Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so, so sorry to hear this. My heart is breaking for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our fur kids engrave a place in our hearts that stays with us forever. Binky free Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear Lucy passed. She was a one of a kind, awesome, bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry! Virtual hugs and tea (and bunny treats for Ethel and Bunya) all around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry that your girl has gone ,xx Rachel and Speedy

    ReplyDelete